League of Women Voters of New Rochelle:
Deeds not Words
The New Rochelle League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters of New Rochelle will hold a Candidates Forum for Mayor, the two of six City Council seats which are contested, and for the County Board of Legislators District 10, on Monday, Oct 21 2019, starting at 6 pm in the Auditorium at City Hall.
The order of candidate appearance is as follows:
6 pm: Incumbent District 10 County Legislator Damon Maher (D,WF), and challenger Christopher Garitee (R,C, I).
6:45 pm: Incumbent New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson (D, WF) and challenger Brendan Conroy (R,C,I),.
7:30 pm: District 1 incumbent New Rochelle councilman Louis Trangucci (R,C,I) and challenger Martha Lopez (D,WF).
District 5 candidates to replace Barry Fertel, who is not running for reelection, are Sara Kaye (D,WF) and Sarah Langlois (R,C,I).
All four candidates will appear together. Candidates for the remaining four districts are running unopposed.
If you would like to submit a question for this forum please email:email@example.com
Questions can also be submitted in writing starting at 5:30
IMPORTANT EARLY VOTING INFORMATION HERE
Interview with Peter Korn on New Rochelle Sister City from Ina Aronow LWV of New Rochelle on Vimeo.
Interview with NY State Assemblywoman Amy Paulin from Ina Aronow LWV of New Rochelle on Vimeo.
The latest issue of: News from the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle
About the New Rochelle League Learn More
- The Services provided by the League range from registering people to vote, providing important information on community issues through our Coffee & Conversation speakers each month at the New Rochelle Library and interviews on our cable program. Young people have been given an introduction to politics through both state and county League programs. The League also organizes forums to introduce the voters to candidates and state offices where the voters are able to submit questions to be debated by the candidates.
Voter Service Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of New Rochelle provides many voter service and information.
Newsletter Learn More
- Our Newsletter is published every month.
Election Information Learn More
- For any questions regarding your ballot please call your County Board of Elections office or call our State League office at (518) 465-4163.
Are you Registered to vote?
City People and Issues Learn More
- View League produced videos of community leaders.
Coffee and Conversation Learn More
- Coffee and Conversation is a series of informal morning gatherings sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Gallery Learn More
- Gallery of League Events
100th Anniversary of women's right to vote in New York State Learn More
- This year is the 100th Anniversary of women's right to vote in New York State!
Please Exercise Your Hard-Won Right to Vote
a blog post by Ina Aranow about Your Hard-Won Right to Vote originally published on My Brother's Keeper New Rochelle's website.
Volunteers are needed by the LWVNR for Voter Registration Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during lunchtime hours at the three area colleges and on the first Friday and Saturday of each month at the NR Public Library big book sales.
To Volunteer Email us at: Contact Us
The Founder of the League of Women Voters
Carrie Chapman Catt
LWV New Rochelle Founder
National Portrait Gallery, Washington D.C.
Mary Elliot Foote (1872-1968)
Oil on Canvas (1927)