League of Women Voters of New Rochelle:
Deeds not Words
The New Rochelle League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
County Legislator Maher Guest at LWV Coffee and Conversation, Friday, October 19, 9:30 at NRPL
County Legislator Damon Maher will discuss county issues and answer questions at Coffee and Conversation, Friday, October 19, 2018, at 9:30 a.m. in the Meeting Room of the New Rochelle Public Library, 1 Library Plaza. Maher represents part of New Rochelle and Pelham, Eastchester and Tuckahoe
Coffee and Conversation is an ongoing series of informal public gatherings sponsored by the League of Women Voter with guests discussing public issues. Coffee and light refreshments will be served at no charge. For further information, call 914-632-8254.
Interview with New Rochelle Fire Chief Andrew Sandor from Ina Aronow LWV of New Rochelle on Vimeo.
The latest issue of: "News from the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle"LWV_Newsletter_November_2018.pdf>
About the New Rochelle League Learn More
- The Services provided by the League range from registering people to vote, providing important information on community issues through our Coffee & Conversation speakers each month at the New Rochelle Library and interviews on our cable program. Young people have been given an introduction to politics through both state and county League programs. The League also organizes forums to introduce the voters to candidates and state offices where the voters are able to submit questions to be debated by the candidates.
Voter Service Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of New Rochelle provides many voter service and information.
Newsletter Learn More
- Our Newsletter is published most months.
Election Information Learn More
- For any questions regarding your ballot please call your County Board of Elections office or call our State League office at (518) 465-4163.
Are you Registered to vote?
City People and Issues Learn More
- View League produced videos of community leaders.
Coffee and Conversation Learn More
- Coffee and Conversation is a series of informal morning gatherings sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Gallery Learn More
- Gallery of League Events
100th Anniversary of women's right to vote in New York State Learn More
- This year is the 100th Anniversary of women's right to vote in New York State!
Please Exercise Your Hard-Won Right to Vote
a blog post by Ina Aranow about Your Hard-Won Right to Vote originally published on My Brother's Keeper New Rochelle's website.
Volunteers are needed by the LWVNR for Voter Registration Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during lunchtime hours at the three area colleges and on the first Friday and Saturday of each month at the NR Public Library big book sales.
To Volunteer Email us at: Contact Us
The Founder of the League of Women Voters
Carrie Chapman Catt
LWV New Rochelle Founder
National Portrait Gallery, Washington D.C.
Mary Elliot Foote (1872-1968)
Oil on Canvas (1927)