League of Women Voters of New Rochelle:
Deeds not Words
The New Rochelle League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The Ballot Box Radio Show's next broadcast is Wednesday Jan 15th at 9am on WVOX. Topic: Campaign Finance Law, Guest: Sochie Nnaemeka, the new New York State Director of the Working Families Party.
New Rochelle City Council Members to be Guests at Coffee and Conversation at the Library on Jan. 17
Five of the six members of the New Rochelle City Council will be guest speakers and answer questions at a Coffee and Conversation, sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle, on Friday, January 17, 2020, at 9:30 a.m. in the Meeting Room of the New Rochelle Public Library, 1 Library Plaza. This event, one of an ongoing series of informal public gatherings, is a departure from the usual format of one guest.
Coffee and light refreshments will be available.
The three new council members are Martha Lopez-Hanratty (District 1), Yadira Ramos-Herbert (District 3), and Sara Kaye (District 5). With incumbent Liz Fried (District 6) they form a female majority on the council for the second time in New Rochelle history
Incumbent Albert Tarantino (District 2) will also attend. Incumbent Ivar Hyden (District 4) said he was unavailable that day. Residents can check on their district from the map HERE.
All six councilmembers were elected or reelected on Nov.5 of this year and were installed at a City Hall ceremony on January 1.
"We think Coffee and Conversation will be a good opportunity for people to meet and chat informally with their local representatives," said Joan Alexander, LWVNR Voter Service Chair.
For further information, contact the library at 914-632-8254 or Ms. Alexander at 914-632-2308 or at email@example.com.
Interview with Jill Faber, Office of NYS Attorney General from Ina Aronow LWV of New Rochelle on Vimeo.
The latest issue of: News from the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle
About the New Rochelle League Learn More
- The Services provided by the League range from registering people to vote, providing important information on community issues through our Coffee & Conversation speakers each month at the New Rochelle Library and interviews on our cable program. Young people have been given an introduction to politics through both state and county League programs. The League also organizes forums to introduce the voters to candidates and state offices where the voters are able to submit questions to be debated by the candidates.
Voter Service Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of New Rochelle provides many voter services and information.
Newsletter Learn More
- Our Newsletter is published every month.
The Ballot Box on WVOX1460 Learn More
- The Ballot Box is a monthly radio show of the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle featuring local, state, and national voting issues and other citizenship matters. Co-hosted by Tamar Tait and Nina Luban, the show airs live the third Wednesday of the month from 9:00AM to 10:00 AM in New Rochelle, New York.
Election Information Learn More
- For any questions regarding your ballot please call your County Board of Elections office or call our State League office at (518) 465-4163.
Are you Registered to vote?
City People and Issues Learn More
- View League produced videos of community leaders.
Coffee and Conversation Learn More
- Coffee and Conversation is a series of informal morning gatherings sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
100th anniversary of the Nineteenth Amendment. Learn More
- This year is the 100th anniversary of the Nineteenth Amendment
Please Exercise Your Hard-Won Right to Vote
a blog post by Ina Aranow about Your Hard-Won Right to Vote originally published on My Brother's Keeper New Rochelle's website.
Volunteers are needed by the LWVNR for Voter Registration Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during lunchtime hours at the three area colleges and on the first Friday and Saturday of each month at the NR Public Library big book sales.
To Volunteer Email us at: Contact Us
The Founder of the League of Women Voters
Carrie Chapman Catt
LWV New Rochelle Founder
National Portrait Gallery, Washington D.C.
Mary Elliot Foote (1872-1968)
Oil on Canvas (1927)