League of Women Voters of New Rochelle:
Deeds not Words
The New Rochelle League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The Ballot Box Radio Show's next broadcast is Wednesday Feb 19th at 9am on WVOX 1460AM. We'll be celebrating the League of Women Voter US centennial (February 14th) with special guest Dare Thompson, former President of the New York State League of Women Voters and current Member of the New York State Women's Suffrage Commission.
Interview with Jill Faber, Office of NYS Attorney General from Ina Aronow LWV of New Rochelle on Vimeo.
The latest issue of: News from the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle
About the New Rochelle League Learn More
- The Services provided by the League range from registering people to vote, providing important information on community issues through our Coffee & Conversation speakers each month at the New Rochelle Library and interviews on our cable program. Young people have been given an introduction to politics through both state and county League programs. The League also organizes forums to introduce the voters to candidates and state offices where the voters are able to submit questions to be debated by the candidates.
Voter Service Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of New Rochelle provides many voter services and information.
Newsletter Learn More
- Our Newsletter is published every month.
The Ballot Box on WVOX1460 Learn More
- The Ballot Box is the monthly radio show of the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle. Co-hosted by LWVNR members Tamar Tait and Nina Luban, the show features local, state, and national electoral issues and other civic matters. It airs live the third Wednesday of the month from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM on WVOX radio (1460 AM) in New Rochelle, New York. Past shows can be accessed here and also at Podbean: https://lwvnewrochelle.podbean.com/.
Election Information Learn More
- For any questions regarding your ballot please call your County Board of Elections office or call our State League office at (518) 465-4163.
Are you Registered to vote?
City People and Issues Learn More
- View League produced videos of community leaders.
Coffee and Conversation Learn More
- Coffee and Conversation is a series of informal morning gatherings sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
100th anniversary of the Nineteenth Amendment. Learn More
- This year is the 100th anniversary of the Nineteenth Amendment
Please Exercise Your Hard-Won Right to Vote
a blog post by Ina Aranow about Your Hard-Won Right to Vote originally published on My Brother's Keeper New Rochelle's website.
Volunteers are needed by the LWVNR for Voter Registration Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during lunchtime hours at the three area colleges and on the first Friday and Saturday of each month at the NR Public Library big book sales.
To Volunteer Email us at: Contact Us
The Founder of the League of Women Voters
Carrie Chapman Catt
LWV New Rochelle Founder
National Portrait Gallery, Washington D.C.
Mary Elliot Foote (1872-1968)
Oil on Canvas (1927)