League of Women Voters of New Rochelle:
Deeds not Words
The New Rochelle League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters is sponsoring an interactive, nonpartisan workshop "Fact or Fake: Exploring the Role of Media in Politics" at the New Rochelle Public Library, 1 Library Plaza, on Tuesday, May 28, from 5:30 to 7 pm.
There is no charge and all are welcome. Reservations are appreciated by e-mailing LWVNR@aol.com, but drop-ins are welcome.
The workshop will explore the changing shape of news presentation as technology and social media play a more extensive role in influencing political change. Topics will include spotting media biases and fake news, the benefits of a comprehensive media diet, and different ways to access the news.
The workshops are being presented at public libraries and community sites by LWV chapters. It was produced by the LWV of Westchester Education Foundation and funded by a generous grant from the Westchester Community Foundation.
Interview with Rev. Mark McLean, president of the New Rochelle branch of the NAACP from Ina Aronow LWV of New Rochelle on Vimeo.
Interview with William Zimmermann, New Rochelle NY Commissioner of Parks and Recreation from Ina Aronow LWV of New Rochelle on Vimeo.The latest issue of: News from the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle
About the New Rochelle League Learn More
- The Services provided by the League range from registering people to vote, providing important information on community issues through our Coffee & Conversation speakers each month at the New Rochelle Library and interviews on our cable program. Young people have been given an introduction to politics through both state and county League programs. The League also organizes forums to introduce the voters to candidates and state offices where the voters are able to submit questions to be debated by the candidates.
Voter Service Learn More
- The League of Women Voters of New Rochelle provides many voter service and information.
Newsletter Learn More
- Our Newsletter is published every month.
Election Information Learn More
- For any questions regarding your ballot please call your County Board of Elections office or call our State League office at (518) 465-4163.
Are you Registered to vote?
City People and Issues Learn More
- View League produced videos of community leaders.
Coffee and Conversation Learn More
- Coffee and Conversation is a series of informal morning gatherings sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Gallery Learn More
- Gallery of League Events
100th Anniversary of women's right to vote in New York State Learn More
- This year is the 100th Anniversary of women's right to vote in New York State!
Please Exercise Your Hard-Won Right to Vote
a blog post by Ina Aranow about Your Hard-Won Right to Vote originally published on My Brother's Keeper New Rochelle's website.
Volunteers are needed by the LWVNR for Voter Registration Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during lunchtime hours at the three area colleges and on the first Friday and Saturday of each month at the NR Public Library big book sales.
To Volunteer Email us at: Contact Us
The Founder of the League of Women Voters
Carrie Chapman Catt
LWV New Rochelle Founder
National Portrait Gallery, Washington D.C.
Mary Elliot Foote (1872-1968)
Oil on Canvas (1927)