The New Rochelle League of Women Voters:
Deeds not Words
The New Rochelle League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Creators of New Rochelle downtown development website demonstrate its workings from Ina Aronow LWV of New Rochelle on Vimeo.
The latest issue of: News from the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle
Celebrating 85 Years of City Manager Government in New Rochelle HERE
New Rochelle LWV held a Forum for Local County Board Legislature Candidates on Oct 23
Here is the link to watch the Forum Online: http://newrochelle.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?publish_id=b4e2a5b7-b902-11e7-9d6f-00505691de41
For more info contact Joan Alexander at:
Elections Learn More
- For any questions regarding your ballot please call your County Board of Elections office or call our State League office at (518) 465-4163.
Are you Registered to vote?
League Services Learn More
- The New Rochelle League of Women Voters provides many voter services and information.
About the New Rochelle League Learn More
- Many people may wonder what the New Rochelle League does for this community. The Services provided by the League range from registering people to vote, providing important information on community issues through our Coffee & Conversation speakers each month at the New Rochelle Library and interviews on our cable program. Young people have been given an introduction to politics through both state and county League programs. The League also organizes forums to introduce the voters to candidates and state offices where the voters are able to submit questions to be debated by the candidates.
League Videos Learn More
- View League produced videos of community leaders.
100th Anniversary of women's right to vote in New York State Learn More
- This year is the 100th Anniversary of women's right to vote in New York State!
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Coffee and Conversations Learn More
- Coffee and Conversation is a series of informal morning gatherings sponsored by the League of Women Voters of New Rochelle.
Gallery Learn More
- Gallery of League Events
Please Exercise Your Hard-Won Right to Vote
a blog post by Ina Aranow about Your Hard-Won Right to Vote originally published on My Brother's Keeper New Rochelle's website.
Volunteers are needed by the LWVNR for Voter Registration Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during lunchtime hours at the three area colleges and on the first Friday and Saturday of each month at the NR Public Library big book sales.
To Volunteer Email us at: Contact Us
The Founder of the League of Women Voters
Carrie Chapman Catt
LWV New Rochelle Founder
National Portrait Gallery, Washington D.C.
Mary Elliot Foote (1872-1968)
Oil on Canvas (1927)